We love talented individuals! Come join our team.
LOCATION: NEW HAVEN, CT
REPORTS TO: BUSINESS PARTNERS
POSITION: PART TIME, 24-30 hours/week
The Odonnell Company Staff Accountant will work closely with the team to manage the finances of a small ad agency. To be successful in this role, you must have strong knowledge of Quickbooks Online & MS Excel, and the ability to operate effectively in diverse tasks in a dynamic environment. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support our continued success and growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Reconcile general ledger accounts
– Prepare weekly / monthly financial reports
– Review G/L information for accuracy
– Bank account Reconciliation
– Income / Expense projection
– Client invoicing and account aging follow up (accounts receivable)
– Record, verify and process invoices for payment (accounts payable)
– Vendor/ Client documents maintenance
– Budget Control Reporting
– Prepare journal entries and account input into – — QuickBooks General Ledger system
– Process bi-weekly In-house Payroll for salary and hourly employees
– Prepare and submit biweekly payroll tax payments via EFTPS and CT Taxpayer Service Ctr.
– Prepare and submit quarterly payroll tax filing and reports (941, CT941, CT 940)
– Payroll liability reconciliation
– New employee enrollments and set up new employee in payroll system
– Support for HR tasks such as Process medical and dental benefit enrollments
– W2, W4
– Perform Sales and Use Tax code research, submit quarterly Sales tax filling
– Work with Tax accountant on annual corporate income tax filling
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
– 2-4 years in accounting.
– Team player with a positive attitude towards contributing and learning.
– Strong verbal/written communication skills.
– Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
– Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
– Self starter, quick learner, and ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
– Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and deadline driven.
– Strong sense of ownership on issues and following through to completion.
– Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
– Experience with Quickbooks & Quickbooks Online
– Experience with the FunctionFox Agency Platform is not required, but preferred
About Odonnell Company: Odonnell Company is a leading branding and advertising agency focused on delivering results to clients nationwide.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
INTERESTED? Please use the form below to submit your resume, cover letter & salary requirements.
LOCATION: NEW HAVEN, CT
REPORTS TO: BUSINESS PARTNERS
POSITION: FULL TIME, 40+ hours/week
Odonnell Company, a marketing & advertising firm located in New Haven, CT, is seeking a full-time Web Developer. This role is on-location at our New Haven, CT office, 40 hours per week. Some night & weekend work is required for this position as client needs arise. Candidates for this position should have a 4-year technology degree and 1-5 years of relevant work experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
– Web Development
– Digital Marketing
Candidates must be familiar with:
– PHP based Content Management Systems (WordPress, Drupal, and/or Joomla)
– DNS Administration
– PPC Administration (Google Adwords, Facebook Business Manager)
– Google Analytics
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in:
– LAMP based server administration in a cloud setting (Rackspace, AWS, MS Azure, GCP)
– WordPress custom development (Plug-ins, Widgets & Themes)
– Responsive Frameworks & Dynamic CSS (LESS, SASS, Bootstrap)
– E-Commerce API Development (PayPal, Stripe, WooCommerce, Square)
– G-Suite Administration
– Google Advertiser Tools (Webmaster Console, Tag Manager, Data Studio)
– Bulk E-Mail Tools (Constant Contact, MailChimp)
For consideration please fill out the form below, or send your Resume, Cover Letter, & Salary Requirements to email@example.com.
We are currently seeking candidates for our Spring 2018 Internship.
Candidates who are currently enrolled in a marketing, advertising or communications degree program are encouraged to apply.
Candidates are expected to work in-office at our New Haven location at least 16 hours per week, preferably 3 or more days.
Candidates will be exposed to various different aspects of the advertising & marketing industry, including project planning, media buying, project management, design & creative processes, digital advertising management, web development & content creation.
Our Spring Internship period runs from Monday, Jan 22nd – Friday, May 18th. Applications are due by Monday, Jan 8th – you can apply by filling out the form below.
Fall 2017 Internships
Odonnell Company is currently taking submissions for its Internship program.
- Submission Deadline is End of Business, September 5, 2017.
- Internship Period is September 18 – December 21.
- You must be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year Marketing, Communications or other Journalism Degree Program.
- You must be eligible to receive college credit for your internship, this is an unpaid position.
- You must reside in Connecticut, and be able to commute to our office in New Haven
- You must be available at least part-time (16-20 hours per week, at least 6 hours per day), between the hours of 9a-5p EST.
- You must have a desire to work hands-on with Digital & Print Marketing, Advertising, Copy Writing, Web Development & Design and Public Relations Outreach.
What you’ll gain…
- Valuable experience working with a team of creative professionals
- An in-depth understanding of the creative & production process for our clients
- Knowledge of the inner workings of the marketing & advertising industry
- Personal Relationships that will last a life time
How To Apply
- Submit your resume/CV & Cover Letter : Apply Now